Greg Spry and Michael Galousin started working together in 1986 on various construction projects.
A typical Spryscapes crew
From the combined expertise of Michael's 30 years in general building, and Greg's 30 years of arboriculture and horticulture, came a vision: A complete landscape and construction firm that provides all construction needs in house, all under one roof
. That vision became a reality with the formation of Spryscapes Construction, Inc.
By blending their skills and experience, Spryscapes offers its clients comprehensive services in landscape and contracting. Whether you need a simple landscape design, an addition, a new bedroom or bath, or a complete home remodel, Spryscapes Construction Inc. can personally manage all the details of your project, from start to finish.
A Few Words About Greg
Spryscapes Construction, Inc. (formerly SPRY Landscape & Trees Co.) was established in 1990 by a horticulturist named Greg Spry and his dog, Cadeau. In 1996, when Mike Galousin, a true native son, moved back to San Francisco, the landscape company expanded into a multifaceted construction and landscape company.
- In 1976, Greg Spry began as a tree trimmer where he learned all aspects of tree care from pruning large evergreens to identifying diseases found in trees, as well as plant health care.
- In 1984, Greg purchased a tree service and added a landscape division.
- In 1991, he earned his Associate of Science degree in Landscaping Horticulture.
- From 1992-1995, Greg was employed as a Consulting Arborist and Account Manager for a large tree firm in San Jose.
- By 1996, Greg joined with Mike and they began working together on various projects.
- Greg's expertise is in his in-depth knowledge of plants, trees, landscape design.
- In 1986, he was awarded a Certificate of Appreciation by the San Francisco Sheriff's Department for work in job training.
A Few Words About Michael
Michael's experience in the construction industry began when he was a child. His father was a fanatical home remodeler and Michael was expected to participate. Fortunately, carpentry turned out to be his avocation as well as his vocation.
Over time, he became a journeyman carpenter as well as a jack-of-all-trades. His former company, M & O Enterprises, specialized in framing tract homes, upscale custom homes and commercial properties.
As a subcontractor and independent business owner, Michael developed expertise in building custom decks, window replacements, and home remodeling, including bathrooms, kitchens, foundation replacements, and dry rot repair. He also became adept at solving difficult problems in the design aspect of construction.
Greg and Michael incorporated in 2000 to form Spryscapes Construction, Inc. Together, this Dynamic Duo is the epitome of the Alpha-to-Omega concept in Construction and Landscaping. Truly, the One-Stop, One-Shop Construction Company!